The Village Parts I and II

September 30, 2004 – March 2, 2006

Part I:
A woman asked about the possibility of a ghost residing in her home. It was an ominous presence and it stalked her with coldness and animosity. It had even followed her to a meeting where, upon discussing the mysterious presence, a newly installed light bulb blew up. As a mother to a young child, she wanted to know if she, or her son, was in any danger.

A walk through the house narrowed the activity to the main hallway leading into the bedrooms. The team focused upon that area as EMF readings rose and temperatures fluctuated.

As the investigation continued, sensitives complained of pain reminiscent of a gunshot wound. Several instances focused on one young woman, who felt as if her hand was grabbed and that something tried to lead her from the group.

A name emerged from the lips of the senior psi-sensitive: The ghost’s name was “Jack.” He was a retired military man of high rank who had lived in the home prior to the current family. The great amount of attention from the group, as well as the crowded conditions in the hallway, made him uncomfortable. To accommodate him and encourage his interaction, the majority of the members retreated to the bedrooms at the end of the hall, listening as the sensitives tried to converse with the ghost.  

“Jack” remembered being in a hospital but did not remember dying. He had “returned home” to find this family occupying his place, and he was not happy about it. He had lived an orderly lifestyle; this family was constantly moving and busy. The home was not kept as neat as he wanted; he felt the need to try and organize the containers and bottles in the house. 

The constant noise of the homeowner’s child upset him. He had a daughter while alive, whom he had watched grow to adulthood. However, as a child she did not behave in such a rowdy manner, as did this little boy.

He tried to communicate with the family. His focus fell to the mother, as she was present in the home the most. She was also the only one who responded to him. He did not mean to scare her, but he was so frustrated with the situation that he did not know what to do.

The female homeowner reported that she and her husband felt a presence in their room at night. Light bulbs burned out at an incredible rate in the room, and they heard strange music coming from the walls in the early hours. She felt intense vertigo inside the building. She had been medically treated for the disorder, but nothing cured her. Yet, when the family took a long vacation the illness ceased, returning only when she came home. Her throat also felt “closed”; she believed that “Jack” had died of a lingering throat illness.

As “Jack” withdrew, we closed the session with the request that the entity leave the family alone. The team believed he would.

The next day, the homeowner called again. The ghostly activity intensified and she felt as if he was hovering over her at all times. By the following weekend, she had the home cleansed by a psychic who removed “Jack” from the house. The homeowners have not reported any further additional activity. 

Part II; There is a second case in the area:

There are some things that investigations just can’t solve. This is one of those enigmatic cases that sat in the backlog of files simply because we didn’t know what to do with it.

The team went out to a small home in 2004. The current owner had a partial history on the house: the prior owner had worked within the foster care system. She had a number of foster children in her home and some of their belongings still resided in hidden areas on the property.

Though the homeowner and her family reported a myriad of phenomena, which included footsteps from an unknown origin, shadow figures, paralysis dreams, and a black shadow that flitted from room to room.

Two items of interest came from this investigation. The first one related to the use of compasses by multiple teammates. These small and basic instruments are useful for finding EMF (electromagnetic field) fluctuations. In several areas of the house the needles appeared to be reacting, turning several degrees off from true north. Yet, upon closer inspection metal was found in the vicinity of these aberrant readings. We deemed it highly likely that the metal produced the EMF fields and caused the alterations in readings.

The second item related to the attic. Since we were given free reign of the household, we opted to go inside the storage area. Though the heat was unrelenting at 101 degrees, several members moved through the area. Items from prior tenants, including books and diaries left behind by the children, were scattered throughout.  

During the homeowner interview, several of these diaries were brought down for us to examine. The entries were from a young woman who was depressed and angry; much of her writings focused on suicide and death. Could it be she who was creating troubles for the homeowner?

Ultimately, several of the sensitives felt that she may have been one source for the troubles. The home, they thought, was not actively haunted (or, at the very least, nothing attempted to work with us that night). The activity could have been caused by residue energy – perhaps from the unhappiness and loneliness experienced by the children who cycled through this property.

Little else turned up in our research and we have not heard from the homeowner since the investigation. We can only hope that the restless nature of the home has since become settled.

error: Content is protected !!